Despite the challenges presented by the COVID-19pandemic and their impact on our normal fall fundraising campaigns to provide holiday meals for veterans who have fallen on dififcult economic times and their families, our Club raised a record $3,850.00 this year!
These monies allowed us to provide meals more than twenty veterans and also a refirgerator for another retired serviceoman … through VFW Post 6393 in Yardley, American Legion Post 317 in Yardley, American Legion Post 148 in Langhorne and Salute2Service in Bristol
Among some of the recipients were:
- Wife of a 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran, Veteran hospitalized.
- Disabled retired Army Vietnam Veteran, lives with 2 dependent adults.
- Disabled Vietnam Veteran, retired Phila. Police, mostly immobile.
- Disabled Vietnam Veteran, Purple Heart recipient, cancer survivor.
- Disabled Vietnam Veteran, blind – Macular degeneration.
- Disabled Vietnam Veteran, liver transplant recipient.
- Disabled VFW Auxiliary member, 4th stage kidney disease.
- Vietnam Veteran, unemployed, living with 3 dependent adult family members.
- Disabled, Army retired Iraq, Afghanistan Veteran.
- Disabled Iraq Veteran, sole adult raising 3 elementary, middle school children.
- Disable Vietnam Veteran, housebound.
We were only able to accomplish this through the generous donations of dozens of individuals and organizaitons who responded to our online, personally-distributed and other outreaches … people who represent the best in America and of Americans!